Resident Pass Malaysia
Beautiful and amazing country
Malaysia my second home program (MM2H) is a long-term visa program initiative by Malaysia government since 2002 designed to attract foreigners to live, work and retire in Malaysia.
The program offers a renewable 10-year visa for qualified applicants and their immediate family members.
The MM2H program is open to citizens of all countries recognised by Malaysia regardless of their race, gender, religion or age, qualify applicants need to meet certain financial and medical criteria like demonstrating the ability to support themselves financially and proof of good health.
Features of MM2H*
- Multiple entry visa: Successful applincants will be granted a multiple entry visa that allow them to enter and exit Malaysia as many times as they needs during the validity period of their visa.
- Employment and business opportunities: MM2H resident pass holders are allowed to work part-time or start a business or invest in Malaysia subject to certain restrictions.
- Tax benefits: Exempted from paying taxes on foreign-sourced income that is remitted to Malaysia.
- Education opportunities : MM2H resident pass visa holders can enrol their children in local or international schools in Malaysia
- Medical benefits: MM2H Resident Pass holders are eligible for medical treatment at government hospitals at local rate
- Property purchase: Can make purchase property in Malaysia subject to certain restrictions.
Approximately in total 330,000 square km separated two distinct geographical parts and the state of Sabah and Sarawak on Borneo Island to the east, both of which sit just north of the equator and separated by the South China Sea , situate within the Pacific Ring of Fire Zone, making it free from major natural disasters such as volcano, tsunami, typhoons and earthquakes.
The country enjoys a tropical climate, with weather that is pleasant, warm and balmy with moderate rain throughout the year. There are also highland residential areas and resorts with permanent spring like weather throughout the year, which temperatures are between 15″c (59″F) to 25″c (77″F).
The People of Malaysia
Malaysia is a multi-racial country consisting of Malay, Chinese, Indians and numerous indigenous people living together for generations, all these cultures have perfectly each other creating a truly Malaysia culture.
Culture – A country of charming Diversity
Malaysia is a country full of cultures, owing to its colourful historical past and the amalgamated culture is a daily life practices, despite urbanisation of the cities.
Multiple language is well establish as malaysian language of choice with a large number of people conversing in fluent English, Malay and Chinese This makes Malaysia especially attractive.
Recreation & Entertainment
Recreation and entertainment facilities are abundant in Malaysia, owing to the year – round pleasant weather and natural wonders of its tropical environment.
The country has everything for the family, or for individual pursuit of fun and creation – theme parks, jungle trails, world – class cinemas, perform arts theaters and art gallery, sports facility, water sports and golf courses.
Food and Fruits in Malaysia
Malaysia food is a varied culinary spectrum, originating from Malaysia’s multi-ethnic population. Indulge in gourmet cuisine created by amazing chefs in designer restaurants, or sample an endless amount of treats found at malls, store- fronts, street-side hawker stalls or the 24-hour local ‘mamak’ restaurants.
Shopping – experience the indoor and outdoor shopping.
Malaysians love shopping, which is why there is a huge number of luxury malls, as well as the local street-side stalls and stores. Local regulations ensure items are price-tagged and prominently displayed.
Upmarket shopping malls where everything is designed for shopper convenience; contain banks, foreign currency exchange counters, supermarket, restaurants, entertainment centre.
For interesting curios and local face, shoppers can visit one of the many weekly flea markets and night markets – ” Pasar Malam” where haggling is a much required skill and presents an interesting insight into the live of the locals.
Future Development Malaysia
High Speed Rail (HSR)
High Speed Rail expected to be completed in year 2026, with the ripple effect of the project, development in Malaysia looks set to surge, as the newly-accessible prime estate along the tracks awakening now-sleepy towns hosting transit stations.
Future Development – Bandar Malaysia
Foreign Universities Branch-Campus
- Xiamen University Malaysia Campus
- Monash University Malaysia
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- De Montfort University
- Heriot-watt University Malaysia
- Manipal International University
Local University Branch Campus
- Taylor’s University College
- Sunway University College
- Inti International University College
- Limkokwinf University of Creative Technology
- University College Sedaya International
- Alice Smith School
- Australian International School
- French School
- Say fol International school
- International School of Kuala Lumpur
Overall the MM2H program is a popular choice for professional expats and retirees in this amazing country’s with a range of benefits including high standard living, excellent healthcare facilities, affordable housing and vibrant culture.